Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bloom by Scheepjeswol

Scheepjeswol came out with a new yarn called Bloom, it's a mercerized 100% cotton yarn in 24 beautiful colors. I am such a lucky girl I got my hands on a skein of all 24 colors!


The cotton is thick but not heavy and doesn't split at all. When you crochet with hook 5mm it feels nice and soft. Using a smaller hook it loses it's softness and get's a firmer feel to it and that's exactly what I wanted for my new project! I am not fond of shiny cotton for clothes or blankets but for coasters it's perfect. I want to make pot coasters using all the colors. Gonna show you one today but more will follow including the pattern!

5 comments:

  1. Wat een geweldig leuk en mooi patroon! Chapeau! Ziet er prachtig uit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's wonderful! And the cotton itself looks lovely, must be a beauty to work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous - I'm in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Atty!

    Thanks for sharing - it's great to find out about new yarn! I will need to look out for this! :)
    Looking forward to seeing more what you will make from it, the colours are yummy!!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete