Saturday, January 24, 2015

My 'Try Out' Basket

It has been a while! I was fighting off the flu...
Slowly I started to feel better and wanted to pick up what I was busy with.
I got this big basket full of cheap yarn from a local store, I use it to try out new motifs and granny squares. Sometimes I do finish something with this yarn, but most of the time when I'm satisfied or inspired by a 'try out' I pick a nicer yarn.

Thought it would be nice to share some of the try outs that are in there!


Remember the Star Hexagon? Somebody asked me if I could turn it to a square....well I tried. What do you think? Worth a tutorial? 


I also tried out to make a 5 point star square. 



And then some flower try outs...

16 comments:

  1. I can't believe how good you are, these are all amazing projects, and that square is definitely worth a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both squares worth tutorials! Squares can be used for any project ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stars in squares are gorgeous! Would love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all good! Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leuk om zo lekker bezig te zijn. Ik merk dat ikzelf vooral bezig ben met het haken van bestaande patronen. Wie weet komt het er nog eens van zelf wat leuks te bedenken. Succes met je probeersels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Atty! Glad you are getting better!!! I love seeing your creativity at play here! Some lovely samples!! I love the tiny hexagons I can see... !!! Your star in a square looks great, so if you could share a tutorial that would be fantastic!!!
    have a good week!!
    Ingridxx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I have always loved your work. But I must say I was rather insulted about the comment of "cheap" yarn. There are some of us too poor to pay $20 a skein or hank. Please be careful with your wording.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to insult anyone! This yarn is relatively cheap and like I said I do finish projects with it also, the quality is just not so good, so I like to pick a nicer yarn, but with nicer I dont necsessariy mean yarn that costs $20 a skein.

      Delete
  8. I would love the pattern for the loopy flowers on the bottom left. All your patterns are very pretty- you're so talented! Feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like this one: http://atty-s.blogspot.nl/2014/09/joined-little-crochet-flower-pattern.html except than with more chains (13) and instead of 6 petals 12 petals.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I can't wait to try it

      Delete
  9. Would love the pattern for the 5 pointed star.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would also love the pattern for the 5 point star granny square PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete