Thursday, September 11, 2014

Stone Washed XL

ME SO HAPPY!!!
My big white kitchen/work table is full of new yarn! It's Stone Washed XL  by Scheepjeswol this time. It feels so nice and soft I'm totally in love with it. The colors are also beautiful, I wasn't able to choose just a few, so I got them all!



The weather here in Amsterdam the Netherlands is getting colder already, so this yarn needs to be turned into a warm and cuddly blanket.
I don't want to do a traditional granny sqare,a ripple or a c2c one. I'm thinking of a quilt inspired one and I am especially fond of 6 point star quilts.



So not a granny square, but a granny diamond it will be...



crocheted together as a star...


13 comments:

  1. Wow! Lovely! Have fun with those beautiful yarns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like motif, Color yarns is my fovorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous, I haven't seen the stonewashed XL before, but now I think I need some! Love the Granny diamond flower idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atty! I don't know what to say!! You've got such brilliant ideas! Haven't got my hands on the XL so far, as my market lady only stocks the normal one. I love the diamond shape and your idea to combine it to make a star blanket!!
    Happy crocheting!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in love with this yarn too!!! But I've haven't tried the XL yet, but it's on my list of course!!

    x Ellebel (ellebel5.blogspot.nl)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Ellebel, zag de onderzetters op je blog :-D
    Ik ben ook in love met het garen! Van mij mogen ze met nog veeeeel meer kleuren komen, het haakt heerlijk!!!
    Groetjes,
    Atty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een leuke ster heb je gemaakt, komt mooi uit van die wol. Is daar een patroon van?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous range of colours! I love your star pattern and I'm really curious how this blanket will work out. It's a pity that I can't get Sheepjeswol here in Germany, but in the autumn holidays we will go to the Netherlands so I will be able to do some purchase there. Have a nice Sunday evening, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is BRILLIANT... keep us posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really new to crocheting. Where would I find a pattern for the diamond, especially to make them the size you did? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I finish the blanket I will put the pattern and photo tutorial on my blog.

      Delete
  11. Prachtig, ik ben echt fan van je werk. Jammer dat je blog zo langzaam laad, je foto's zijn erg zwaar daardoor laad je blog heel traag. Ik kijk uit naar het patroon van de deken.

    ReplyDelete